I have been looking for spaghetti squash for such a long time. I really enjoy the flavour and the texture, and think it makes a great low carb side dish. However, I was starting to come to the conclusion that I was never going to find it again. I hadn’t seen it in London, Johannesburg or Dubai. But then my Ace Girl called me to say it had been spotted at Spinneys on Al Wasl, and I was off!!!
There they were. A bunch of spaghetti squash. I had to buy two, of course. I don’t now how long they last, but whatevs. I wasn’t letting these little treasures out of my sight! It had been too long!!
Then I got busy and never got around to cooking them…. until last night.
Behold my awesome looking dinner…
I may have used a little too much parmesan, but not a problem if you like it! The best thing, is that it’s relatively low fat so I am taking this as a clean eating win!
Garlic Mushroom Spaghetti Squash
Half a spaghetti squash
1/2 tsp oil
1 tsp butter
FlavorGod Garlic Lovers Seasoning
Black Pepper (and salt too if you like it, but I don’t)
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half with a very sharp knife. Be careful because their skin is super tough.
2. Scrape out the seeds, and put face/cut side down in a microwave proof dish, and about a quarter inch of water. Cook on full power for about 20 mins.
3. Cut up mushrooms and put in a pan with the oil and butter, on a really low heat for about 20 mins. Stir regularly.
4. Add the FlavorGod seasoning after 10 mins, the more you use, the stronger the flavour so it’s up to you! Mix well.
5. Sprinkle parmesan onto the mushrooms and mix well.
6. Scratch out the inside of the squash, and add to the mushrooms and mix.
7. Plate and add a touch of black pepper.
P.S. The steak was cooked on a George Foreman grill! I love that thing!