Following my previous post about pancakes (here) which I wrote ages ago and forgot all about, I thought I would update you on my new discovery straight away…
I couldn’t find where I had written down the ingredients and measurements to make pancakes the same way as before, and was not having my brightest day so forgot about the post in draft too. I figured I had a pretty good memory so would make them from scratch without any prompts.
I didn’t get it quite right. Instead, I made it even better!!
Here is my new recipe which is much cleaner tasting:
- 40g Oats (because they have upped the allowance)
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt (I used Rachel’s Organic Greek Style Natural Yogurt 0%)
- 1 tbsp vanilla yogurt (I used Rachel’s Organic Low Fat Vanilla 2%)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp baking powder
- The night before (or a few hours before in this case!), mix the oats and yogurts and put in an airtight container in the fridge.
- The following morning (or a couple of hours later!), blitz the oats and yogurt in a blender/NutriBullet until smooth.
- Add the beaten eggs and baking powder, and blitz again.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium-medium high heat.
- Pour mixture in – they can be small or large, it’s personal preference.
- Wait until bubbles pop the surface, and flip.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until they are all cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
This makes one portion if you are using your Healthy Extra B. They are 1 syn per portion due to the baking powder and vanilla yogurt. The first day (I made two batches at the same time) I had it with bacon and Walden Farm’s Pancake Syrup. The next day I had it with some Greek yogurt, strawberries and Walden Farm’s Chocolate Syrup. I am a BIG fan of Walden Farm’s products as they are no or very low syns!
Any questions, please let me know in the comments section below.
2 Comments Add yours
Just shared these with my SW group, they are always struggling for breakfast ideas yum 👅
Thanks for the share! Much appreciated! It’s normally just my Mum or best friend who read this!!! 😂😊